Unconscious woman pulled from apartment after unattended cooking causes smoke to fill apartment

Local News

SYRACUSE, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) – -The Syracuse Fire Department pulled an unconscious woman from an apartment building on Sunday afternoon.

Investigators say it happened on West Genesee Street in between Willis and Milton Avenue just before 4 p.m.

Crews got there within three minutes and say you could see the smoke from the street.

Officials say the source was unattended cooking.

Firefighters carried the woman outside, where she regained consciousness.

No one else was in the building

We’re told the woman was brought to the hospital and is expected to be okay.

Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Live Doppler 9 Map Center

CNY View

CNY View

CNY View

Oswego Area

Oswego Area

Syracuse Area

Syracuse Area