WEEDSPORT, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — An undocumented immigrant accused of drunk driving and killing a man riding a tractor in Weedsport is now facing upgraded charges in the crash.
Heriberto Perez-Velasquez pleaded not guilty to charges of aggravated vehicular homicide and aggravated DWI in Weedsport Village Court Monday evening.
Perez-Velasquez also waiving his right to a speedy trial and to a preliminary hearing on the new charges.
He’s now being held at the Cayuga County Jail on $250,000 cash or $500,000 secured bond.
The case has been deferred to Cayuga County Court.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- Bills rookie CB Dane Jackson steps up in his first NFL start
- Tyler Kroft avoids COVID-19 exposure while his wife Lexi gave birth to their baby girl
- WATCH: Damp and cool start to the last week of October
- Several potential COVID-19 exposures announced in Cortland County Sunday
- WATCH: 24th Congressional Debate