WEEDSPORT, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — An undocumented immigrant accused of drunk driving and killing a man riding a tractor in Weedsport is now facing upgraded charges in the crash.
Heriberto Perez-Velasquez pleaded not guilty to charges of aggravated vehicular homicide and aggravated DWI in Weedsport Village Court Monday evening.
Perez-Velasquez also waiving his right to a speedy trial and to a preliminary hearing on the new charges.
He’s now being held at the Cayuga County Jail on $250,000 cash or $500,000 secured bond.
The case has been deferred to Cayuga County Court.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- BKL – Week 14 Keys & Predictions: Ravens at Bills
- 5 Questions: Quinton Spain
- No. 1 LSU to face Oklahoma in Peach Bowl; No. 2 Ohio State to play Clemson in Fiesta Bowl
- Forget about ‘In The Hunt’ – Bills can secure playoff spot with win and help
- Hospice care important piece of Oswego SPCA, Minature Pinscher “Bambi” is just one example: Petsavers