SYRACUSE, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — An unexpected chemical reaction caused the Syracuse Fire Department Hazmat team to respond to the 400 block of West Taylor Street on Syracuse’s west side just before 12 p.m. Wednesday.
A 44-gallon plastic drum was generating some type of heat after a worker combined two acids into the drum. The hazmat team neutralized the acid and stopped the reaction. Everything was back to normal by 2:30 p.m. and no one was hurt.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- Supermodel Emme Helps Raise Awareness of Heart Health
- CNY Cosmetic & Reconstructive Surgery Answers Questions About Breast Augmentation
- Trick-or-Treat Lunch Ideas
- ACR Health announces access to medication that helps prevent spreading HIV
- Homer Fire Department remembering one of their own
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9