SYRACUSE, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — Friday was the perfect day to spend outside at NBT Bank Stadium, cooking for a cause.
It was the 17th annual Kickoff Cookoff, launching the Community Campaign with United Way of Central New York.
Bringing organizations together with a common goal in mind, companies tested their skills, competing in different categories, all to be voted on for the top spot. We asked one team why people should vote for them.
“Our appetizer has a lot of flavor, it has a little kick if you like if you like spicy stuff and we also made one that’s not spicy for those that you don’t like the spicy stuff, so you have your option one or the other,” said Linda Hauber.
There was also live music with the festivities emceed by Ted and Amy from 93Q.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- Albany County couple accused of unlawful surveillance in public bathrooms
- Bishop Grimes Assistant Volleyball Coach accused of sending inappropriate messages to student
- “Lady Ms. Fabulous and Friends” Debut At The Funny Bone Comedy Club
- USA Insulation Can Help Lower Your Home Heating Expenses
- Empire’s Brewpub suddenly shuts down in Armory Square
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9