SYRACUSE, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — Friday was the perfect day to spend outside at NBT Bank Stadium, cooking for a cause.
It was the 17th annual Kickoff Cookoff, launching the Community Campaign with United Way of Central New York.
Bringing organizations together with a common goal in mind, companies tested their skills, competing in different categories, all to be voted on for the top spot. We asked one team why people should vote for them.
“Our appetizer has a lot of flavor, it has a little kick if you like if you like spicy stuff and we also made one that’s not spicy for those that you don’t like the spicy stuff, so you have your option one or the other,” said Linda Hauber.
There was also live music with the festivities emceed by Ted and Amy from 93Q.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- 2 people shot in Town of Salina, one in critical condition
- SUNY Morrisville Norwich Campus holds drive-thru commencement
- Source: Suspect in tractor-trailer chase in Geneseo shot and killed by police
- Heritage Hill Brewhouse set to open their outdoor seating area
- 1 dead after car catches on fire following police pursuit in Oswego County
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9