UTICA, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — In Utica, police say they got the guy who went on a two-hour crime spree, robbing two banks and attempting to rob the Price Chopper grocery store.
The two banks were in Downtown Utica: M&T Bank and Key Bank on Genesee Street. The Price Chopper store was the location in South Utica.
Police say Kevin Byng, 59, of Utica, handed a note to employees demanding money, then ran off.
A dye pack was activated after the M&T Bank robbery.
Surveillance footage helped police link Byng to the hold-ups. They caught him after spotting him at the corner of Aiken and State Street.
No weapons were shown and no one was hurt.
Byng has been charged with robbery and attempted robbery.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- Pro-Trump demonstrators, some armed, start descending on Michigan, Ohio and South Carolina statehouses
- Additional case of COVID-19 UK variant found in Westchester County; 18 cases now in New York State
- How Betty White is celebrating her 99th birthday Sunday
- Cuomo proposes legislation to require disclosure of smart device recording capability
- Chinese city reports coronavirus found on ice cream
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9