UTICA, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — In Utica, police say they got the guy who went on a two-hour crime spree, robbing two banks and attempting to rob the Price Chopper grocery store.
The two banks were in Downtown Utica: M&T Bank and Key Bank on Genesee Street. The Price Chopper store was the location in South Utica.
Police say Kevin Byng, 59, of Utica, handed a note to employees demanding money, then ran off.
A dye pack was activated after the M&T Bank robbery.
Surveillance footage helped police link Byng to the hold-ups. They caught him after spotting him at the corner of Aiken and State Street.
No weapons were shown and no one was hurt.
Byng has been charged with robbery and attempted robbery.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- Syracuse football holds first official practice
- Suffrage Saturdays: Local museum hosts speakers to celebrate 100th anniversary of women’s right to vote
- WATCH: Heat and humidity begins to ramp up Sunday into next week
- Salt City Market’s Cake Bar tests recipes downtown on Saturday
- Mother of son with special needs speaks out in full support of reopening NYS schools
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9