UTICA, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — In Utica, police say they got the guy who went on a two-hour crime spree, robbing two banks and attempting to rob the Price Chopper grocery store.
The two banks were in Downtown Utica: M&T Bank and Key Bank on Genesee Street. The Price Chopper store was the location in South Utica.
Police say Kevin Byng, 59, of Utica, handed a note to employees demanding money, then ran off.
A dye pack was activated after the M&T Bank robbery.
Surveillance footage helped police link Byng to the hold-ups. They caught him after spotting him at the corner of Aiken and State Street.
No weapons were shown and no one was hurt.
Byng has been charged with robbery and attempted robbery.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- Funderburk’s 1st double-double helps NC State past Clemson, 60-54
- PLAYOFF PREVIEW: Round 2 – Green Bay Packers head to San Francisco with Super Bowl berth on the line
- A look inside the Lost and Found at Lambeau Field
- Lambeau’s very own tailgating hype band
- Reeling Tar Heels suffer 4th straight loss 66-52 at Pitt
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9