UTICA, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — Utica Police reported on Thursday afternoon that one man was stabbed, and he is in serious condition at a local hospital.
According to police, at approximately 1:45 p.m. units responded to reports of an assault on the 1300 block of Genesee St.
At the scene, Police say they discovered a male who had been stabbed in his lower chest.
The male victim was immediately transported to St. Elizabeth’s Hospital, and according to police, he is in serious condition.
After an investigation, police arrested Rachelle Weitman, 44 of Utica, for assault in the first degree.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- Boxing Hall of Fame postpones 2020 induction ceremony to next year
- ‘Taco Tuesday’ Taco Bell plans to feed America this Tuesday
- Up to 200,000 US deaths foreseen as more cities stricken with COVID-19
- Highlights from Home 3-29-20
- Highlights from Home 3-28-20
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9