UTICA, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — Utica Police reported on Thursday afternoon that one man was stabbed, and he is in serious condition at a local hospital.
According to police, at approximately 1:45 p.m. units responded to reports of an assault on the 1300 block of Genesee St.
At the scene, Police say they discovered a male who had been stabbed in his lower chest.
The male victim was immediately transported to St. Elizabeth’s Hospital, and according to police, he is in serious condition.
After an investigation, police arrested Rachelle Weitman, 44 of Utica, for assault in the first degree.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- ‘Woohoo!’: Ana Zolotic, Olympic gold medalist from Largo gets surprise welcome home
- Expert says Simone Biles showed toughness in prioritizing her mental health
- Bills OLs Dion Dawkins, Ike Boettger start on COVID list; Hughes injures calf
- Vaccine hesitancy proves prevalent in Parish
- `OK not to be OK’: Mental health takes top role at Olympics
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9