UTICA, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — Utica Police reported on Thursday afternoon that one man was stabbed, and he is in serious condition at a local hospital.
According to police, at approximately 1:45 p.m. units responded to reports of an assault on the 1300 block of Genesee St.
At the scene, Police say they discovered a male who had been stabbed in his lower chest.
The male victim was immediately transported to St. Elizabeth’s Hospital, and according to police, he is in serious condition.
After an investigation, police arrested Rachelle Weitman, 44 of Utica, for assault in the first degree.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- 6-year-old Arkansas girl jumps into action saving family in UTV accident
- ‘My buddy Jeff needs a kidney’; Colorado man searches for kidney donor for himself with help from his pup
- Baby on board: Tampa Bay woman gives birth on pontoon boat on 4th of July
- Buffalo Police Officers who pushed protester now suspended with pay
- Boeheim’s Army takes court today in TBT
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9