NEW HARTFORD, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — A Utica woman has been accused of stealing from the same department store twice on the same day.
On January 7, just before 2 p.m., the New Hartford Police Department were called to the Macy’s store after a woman ran out of the store carrying merchandise with the security tags still attached. The woman left the area in a car, which police were able to locate later. The driver, Stephany Liles, 28, of Utica, was in possession of the stolen merchandise. She was taken into custody, issued an appearance ticket, and later released.
Just after 5 p.m. on the same day, police were called back to the Macy’s store after a woman was stopped by the store’s loss prevention for being in possession of multiple stolen items. That woman was Liles. She was arrested on petit larceny charges and issued another appearance ticket.
Liles is due back in New Hartford Court later this month.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- US senators unveil legislation to crack down on cybercrimes
- Lawyer of Syracuse man arrested for Capitol riots: Greene had ‘limited involvement’ in Proud Boys
- Rep. John Katko urges European Union to reconsider policies that affect local dairy farmers
- College athletes to Senate: Standardize athlete compensation
- Southern Tier hospitals not requiring COVID-19 vaccines for staff
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9