BALDWINSVILLE, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — Students at Van Buren Road Elementary School in Baldwinsville got to do something not many other students can say they’ve done: They got to duct tape their principal to one of the school’s walls. But don’t worry, it was all in good fun!
The students reached their goal of raising more than $10,000 during the PTA’s Fun Run Fundraiser earlier this month. Students were offered an incentive for raising the money and they chose duct-taping Principal Cynthia Cronin to the wall.
There were some life lessons learned as well.
“The teachers sort of helped them to develop sort of a script on how they should approach people to ask for money and it gives them the ability to speak to people and ask for something that they want for this cause,” said PTA President Kelly Lenning. “Yeah they did a great job.”
The money raised will support PTA events throughout the school year.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- Xerox working to produce up to 1M ventilators
- Tesla starting to design ventilators using car parts
- Delta donating over 200K pounds of food to hospitals, food banks
- USNS Comfort will start taking patients with COVID-19
- Wishes on hold for Make-A-Wish Central New York
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9