Vapor from cleaning products causes evacuation at Creekwalk Commons

Local News
Creekwalk Commons_1513354073655.jpg

Creekwalk Commons along West Water Street in Syracuse, which houses 75 luxury apartments,  was evacuated Friday morning because of an odor caused by cleaning products.

Colin Duffy, the Syracuse fire district chief, says a person in one of the trash areas on the third floor of the building mixed two cleaning products together that created a vapor.

That person was taken by ambulance to an area hospital. No word yet on their name or condition.

Everyone who was evacuated from the building was brought inside to the first floor commons area, an area that was not affected.

Firefighters will be at the scene through the afternoon to ventilate the building.

Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Live Doppler 9 Map Center

CNY View

CNY View

CNY View

Oswego Area

Oswego Area

Syracuse Area

Syracuse Area