LYSANDER, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — Police say a car ended up in a creek after a police chase, spilling its fuel into the water. The incident happened around 8 a.m. Thursday along County Line Road in the Town of Lysander.
New York State Police tried to pull the vehicle over when they say the driver did not stop and ended up crashing into the creek. Haz-Mat was called in and the fuel was contained.
The driver of the vehicle, Kenneth Rice Jr., and his female passenger were able to get out by themselves and no one was seriously hurt.
State Police say Rice is wanted in the state of Pennsylvania as a fugitive was taken into custody without incident.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- Daily Pledge: Holy Family School, 2nd Grade, Miss Ressel – August 5th
- NYS Prisons reopen to visitors
- WATCH: Feeling quite refreshing Wednesday, few showers still around
- ‘Olympic athletes are dying:’ Doc sheds light on suicide among Olympians
- Two people injured in crash on Route 298 in Cicero
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9