ONEIDA COUNTY, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — The Oneida County Sheriff’s Office says a woman was hit by a Chevy Trailblazer when she was trying to retrieve her dog that got loose.
Sheriff’s deputies say it happened on September 5th just after 8:30 p.m. A driver was heading south on County Highway 50 when they hit a pedestrian.
Jill Tietjen, 54, was taken to Rome Memorial Hospital where she was treated for minor injuries. She is expected to recover.
No tickets were issued.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- Child tax credit: Enhanced credit could be extended through 2025
- Man fatally shot by sheriff’s deputy in Elizabeth City, North Carolina
- Factory making J&J vaccine was dirty, improperly run, FDA inspection found
- Madison Co. survey finds renters owe landlords around $500K due to COVID pandemic
- WATCH: Steadier snow tapers this afternoon, but then some lake effect tonight?
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9