TOMPKINS COUNTY, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — In Tompkins County, sheriff’s deputies say a driver fled the scene following a head-on collision.
The call went out just before 4 p.m. on Friday along the 8400 block of Perry City Road, near Waterburg Road.
A Chevy Silverado, driven by 24-year-old Markley Doane, collided with a Jeep Wrangler. Doane took off from the scene, but was taken into custody a short time later.
During their investigation, deputies noticed Doane showed signs of impairment, and conducted a DWI investigation.
After the investigation, Doane was charged with Failure to Keep Right, Driving While Intoxicated, Driving While Intoxicated with a BAC of .08% or Greater, Leaving the Scene of a Personal Injury Accident and Vehicular Assault 2nd degree.
Doane was released on tickets ordering him to appear in the Town of Ulysses Court at a later date.
Deputies said the driver of the Jeep was airlifted to Upstate University Hospital for treatment, and has since been released.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- Bills LB Tyrel Dodson has strong first NFL start filling in for Tremaine Edmunds
- BOX SCORE: Giants 13, Bears 17; Saquon Barkley feared to have torn ACL
- Syracuse: Potentially the driest September on record
- Two Bills rookies score their first NFL touchdowns in win over Miami
- Syracuse University residence floor in quarantine after new cases of COVID-19
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9