AUBURN, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — Even though New York State’s plastic bag ban doesn’t take effect until next year, Walmart is already getting a head start on the potential impact.
Starting next week, the company’s Auburn location will be testing out its grocery pickup service without using any plastic bags. Customers will have the option of buying reusable bags during their checkout online or they can bring their own.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- WATCH LIVE: 2020 Nevada Democratic Caucus Coverage
- WATCH: Great, seasonable start to the weekend
- Fire burns home in Cicero, no one injured
- Happy Birthday to our Champions for Saturday, February 22
- News on the Go for Saturday, February 22nd
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9