SYRACUSE, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — A vacant home in Eastwood suffered extensive damage from a fire that broke out early Saturday morning.
According to the Syracuse Fire Department, fire crews responded to the 500 block of Mosley Drive at approximately 3:20 a.m. for a reported fire.
When firefighters arrived, they found a single story home completely engulfed with flames.
The fire was extinguished and luckily the building was known to be a vacant house with no one inside.
One of the homes next to the fire suffered melted siding from the intense heat of the flames, but no injuries were reported from the fire.
According to a neighbor, this was the second fire in the last eight years at this house.
The cause of the fire is currently under investigation.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- Clemson player Trevor Lawrence tests positive for COVID-19
- Wells College remains COVID-19 free 9 weeks into the semester
- Woman in labor refuses hospital until husband drives her to polling place first
- Differing views on abortion, immigration set candidates in Texas’ 16th District apart
- Drug cartel wars leave 12 dead, 4 missing in Chihuahua
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9