SYRACUSE, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — Onondaga County Executive Ryan McMahon delivered his State of the County address at 5:30 on Monday evening at the Storer Auditorium at Onondaga Community College.
Among the priorities, McMahon announced a deal with Honeywell to acquire 40 acres of waterfront property on the west side of Onondaga Lake. He also asked county lawmakers to support a deal with the city that will see a renovated Central Tech building in the city as the home of a STEAM School for kids throughout the county.
The county executive also proposed a deal with the city to old Carnegie Library building to house the combined planning, economic development and business development teams of city and county government.
Preview of the State of the County
After State of the County
More from NewsChannel 9:
- Old Man Winter isn’t quite done with CNY just yet
- WATCH: Pleasant and dry for most to start the week
- Tattoo fundraiser for Fayetteville firefighter after kidney transplant
- Don’t forget to renew your motorcycle registration, the DMV warns
- Woman who allegedly murdered 93-year-old in February appearing in court on Monday
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9