WATERTOWN, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — The Watertown man that removed a Pride flag from the city’s flag pole has been arrested.
Watertown Police announced that Donnie Lee Barrigar, 36, was arrested and charged with one count of third degree criminal trespassing.
Over the weekend, Barrigar posted a video of himself on YouTube removing the flag and stuffing it into a City Hall drop box.
The act prompted Gov. Andrew Cuomo to ask State Police to investigate the case, adding that the “state cannot allow a bigot to bully the Watertown community.”
More from NewsChannel 9:
- Fireworks safety ahead of Fourth of July weekend
- Police cracking down on drunk driving over Fourth of July weekend
- CNY’s Theater Community Talks About”Hamilton”
- 2 people who attended Syracuse party that ended in shooting test positive for COVID-19
- EXCLUSIVE: SpaceX facility under FAA review after changing rocket tests in South Texas
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9.