FAYETTEVILLE, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — Wellwood Middle School construction in Fayetteville has been deemed essential and is allowed to begin.
It is the final phase of F-M’s 2017 Capitol Project, bringing much-needed improvements to the dated building.
Construction includes a 15,000 square foot edition and a new main entrance, plus a new parking lot, new athletic fields and renovations to existing classrooms.
Parts of the building date back to 1933.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- Josh and Thad break down the Bills wild, comeback win over the Rams
- One dead, one in critical condition after crash involving motorcycle and off-road vehicle
- Back the Red and Blue Motorcycle Ride supports first responders through Onondaga County
- Bills QB Josh Allen leads another fourth quarter comeback to beat Rams in week three
- Holland Patent School District goes completely remote next week to allow more time for COVID-19 contact tracing
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9.