SYRACUSE, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — Celebrating 100 years in business. The Whitman School of Management has now been around for a full century.
A ceremony held on Monday honored all the students who’ve come before and who will walk through the doors of Whitman for years to come. Right now, there are 30,000 alumni around the world and the school is working to keep that number growing and inspiring success in business and government.
“There’s a real passion in this community for what Whitman has done and what it has become,” said Gene Anderson, Dean of the Whitman School of Management at SU. “It’s meant so much to so many students over such a long period of time and the faculty and staff as well.”
Anderson says the next century is going have to shift focus, moving more digital, more entrepreneurial and more global, shifting with the ever-changing fast-paced world we live in.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- India Community Religious and Cultural Center donates breakfast to Oncenter vaccination site workers
- FBI: Mexican cartels recruiting members inside U.S. prisons
- Madison County Children’s Advocacy Center distributes thousands of pinwheels as symbol of hope for child abuse prevention
- Man pleads guilty to gas station credit card skimming
- 100 days until the start of the Tokyo Olympics
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9