BALDWINSVILLE, N.Y. (WSRY-TV) — Wind may be to blame for a destructive fire at a vacant Baldwinsville home Sunday night.
Onondaga County Dispatch reports that the fire just before 4:30 p.m. Sunday on Hillside Road.
Belgium Cold Springs Fire Department’s Assistant Chief Bill Massaro tells NewsChannel 9 the call came out for an outdoor fire, but the wind blew a nearby brush fire onto a vacant home, causing it to catch fire and partially collapse.
“We met the owner who is building the home here, the house was on fire, he explained he had a brush fire going and the wind picked up and was too close to the house, caught the vacant structure on fire,” said Massaro.
No one was injured but the vacant home partially collapsed.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- Your Stories: COVID-19 testing becomes new obstacle for people looking to visit their loved ones
- Syracuse Teacher’s Association president gives thoughts on returning to in-person learning
- Senate passes bill to avoid government shutdown hours before deadline
- Coronavirus stimulus vote delayed in US House
- City of Syracuse cancels public Christmas tree lighting in Clinton Square
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9