SYRACUSE, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — Syracuse police have released the name of the 13-year-old boy who was hit by an SUV on James Street near Lincoln Middle School Thursday afternoon. Police say Zyere Jackson remains in critical condition at Upstate University Hospital.
Police tell NewsChannel 9 that Jackson slipped and fell into the path of an approaching vehicle. Jackson is a student at Lincoln Middle School.
The driver of the SUV stopped and called 911 immediately after the collision. She remained on the scene and has been fully cooperative with the police. She has not been ticketed, but the investigation continues.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- Syracuse Fire crews extinguish basement fire at Parkside Commons
- Duke hangs on to beat Georgia Tech, ending 3-game skid
- Pregnant women should not take Moderna vaccine, WHO advises
- 2nd doses of COVID-19 vaccine begin to be administered in Central New York
- Multiple crews battling house fire in the Town of Hastings
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9