CANASTOTA, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — We’re hitting the road to dig into a road project in Madison County.
Steven Lesko is asking, “When will the North Main Street Bridge in Canastota be completed?
About a thousand others are wondering the same thing because that’s how many people use the bridge each day.
The old bridge that goes over the thruway closed in April. Crews took down the 70-year-old bridge and spent the last six months building a new four-point, six-million-dollar bridge.
You won’t be taking a detour for much longer.
The New York State Thruway Authority says it will be done by the end of fall. This new bridge has wider lanes, emergency shoulders and a taller clearance for trucks traveling on the thruway below.
Previous Your Stories:
- Your Stories Q&A: Is Hobby Lobby still coming to Oswego?
- Your Stories Q&A: Auto parts chain moving into former Clay Thrift Store
- Your Stories Q&A: Can businesses in NY tack on a surcharge to those paying with credit cards?
- Your Stories Q&A: Will home heating oil cost you more this year compared to last?
- Your Stories Q&A: Why are there signs with QR codes around the city of Syracuse, what are they for?
- Your Stories Q&A: Latest on closed Electronics Pkwy Hotel in Salina
- Your Stories: Cicero neighborhood notified to make mailboxes taller to continue postal service
- Your Stories Q&A: $6 million Community Center planned for Mattydale
- Your Stories Q&A: A question about tickets for Lights on the Lake
- Your Stories Q&A: Here’s when Crumbl Cookies in Clay is set to open
- Your Stories Q&A: 1920s cemetery chapel demolished in Lyncourt
- Your Stories Q&A: What’s being built at Bear and Buckley Roads in Clay?
- Your Stories Q&A: Why has work stopped on the new Manlius Starbucks?
- Your Stories: Fluctuating gas prices at neighboring pumps
- Your Stories Q&A: How far will gas prices drop?