(WSYR-TV) — More than 1,300 temporary General Motors employees at 14 facilities across the country will get full-time positions by the end of March.
The company said that workers will start at $21 to $24 an hour depending on their seniority. The employees will also get improved health care benefits, company 401(k) contributions and annual profit-sharing checks.
The manufacturing plants are in New York state, Michigan, Indiana, Tennessee, Missouri, Kansas and Kentucky.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- Baldwinsville edges Liverpool in boys soccer
- CBA girls shutout LaFayette
- Potential COVID-19 exposure at South Avenue Market in Syracuse
- WATCH: Much cooler weather to start the weekend
- Pregnant ESPN reporter fires back after ‘troll’ tries to body-shame her
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9