UNITED STATES (WSYR-TV) — Amazon will no longer allow its third-party sellers to use FedEx’s Ground delivery to ship Prime packages, marking a change that could affect small businesses and pricing for consumers.
FedEx and Amazon have been in a bit of a rivalry in recent months, with both taking steps against the other. When Amazon announced faster deliveries, FedEx announced Sunday deliveries. Amazon has been working on beefing up its own shipping network for faster deliveries. FedEx says the move won’t hurt business because of its partnership with companies like Walmart.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- Genesee Co. hydrogen fuel production facility secures $290 million in funding
- Syracuse women get back on track with blowout win over Boston College
- WATCH: Just a touch of winter weather overnight then improving
- First public forum on City of Ithaca’s police reform proposal
- New coronavirus variant found in New York City
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9