NASHVILLE, Tenn. (WKRN) – GRAMMY®-winning country music legend Joe Diffie passed away on Sunday, March 29, from complications of coronavirus (COVID-19). His family respects their privacy at this time.
On Friday, Diffie revealed he had been diagnosed with COVID-19.
Diffie, a Tulsa native, had more than 20 Top 10 hits to his name and released 13 albums. He also wrote songs for Tim McGraw, Conway Twitty, and Jo Dee Messina. Diffie was 61 years old.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- Stimulus stalled: Senate working against ticking clock to try and pass coronavirus relief package
- WATCH: Few more showers and turning milder overnight
- Some beneficial rainfall totals from Monday and Tuesday across CNY
- Last Republican congressional stronghold in SoCal now a toss-up
- Onondaga County continues investing in neighborhoods during pandemic