(WSYR-TV) — CVS Pharmacy has corrected itself after sending out false information about the coronavirus to employees.
CVS officials said its chief medical officer sent out an email on Monday suggesting to employees that drinking warm water could kill the virus.
Experts said that there is no evidence supporting that claim.
The false claim went viral before as part of a so-called Simple Self-Check Test that medical experts dismissed.
A company spokesperson did not say how the false information ended up in the email but said a corrected memo had been posted.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- Potential COVID-19 exposure at Cayuga County church
- Three COVID-19 rapid testing sites opening Friday in Cortland County
- As Cortland County’s COVID-19 positive rate rises, McGraw School District still has the small town advantage
- Lights on the Lake set to kick-off November 16, with a few changes
- An Update With Syracuse Mayor Ben Walsh
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9