UNITED STATES (WSYR-TV) — America’s largest milk producer, Dean Foods, has filed for chapter 11 bankruptcy in an effort to keep the 94-year-old company operating. The filing will also allow it to reorganize its debt and help fund workers’ pensions.
The company makes some of the country’s most recognizable milk and dairy products, including Land O’Lakes and Dairy Pure.
Dean Foods says it is working with the Dairy Farmers of America Cooperative on a potential deal, in which the cooperative would buy most of the company.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- Powerball jackpot climbs to 8th-largest ever after no one wins prize
- North Country Wake Up Weather: Thursday, September 21, 2023
- Winning Powerball numbers drawn for $672 million jackpot
- Two young children dead from crash involving Amish buggy in Jefferson County
- An Idaho man has measles. Health officials are trying to see if the disease has spread.
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9