UNITED STATES (WSYR-TV) — The FDA issued a recall for a popular insulin pump used by thousands of patients with Type 1 diabetes.
The recall applies to certain Medtronic MiniMed 600 series insulin pumps.
One patient has died and more than 2,000 have been injured by devices.
The faulty pumps deliver incorrect insulin dosing, which can lead to serious medical complications.
Diabetic patients with the devices are encouraged to call Medtronic or talk to their doctor or pharmacist.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- Road2Recovery CNY launches new website full of resources for recovering addicts
- County leaders call to put partisanship aside to fight COVID ahead of Thanksgiving
- Right lane closed on Onondaga Lake Parkway at CSX Bridge due to crash
- Cut Your Own Christmas Tree
- Doctor: The current US testing strategy isn’t working
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9