(WSYR-TV) — The Federal Reserve is going all out to try and prevent a full-blown financial crisis.
The Federal Reserve announced unlimited bond-buying, three new credit facilities and an upcoming Main Street Lending program.
Officials said the new programs will provide up to $300 billion in new financing.
Recession fears and a liquidity crunch has crashed the stock market over the past month, also causing the Bond Market to malfunction.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- WATCH: Governor Cuomo’s daily coronavirus briefing scheduled for noon
- Changes to General Hospital programming beginning this Friday, April 3rd
- Nine SU lax players named All-Americans
- John Gillon looks to build off success playing overseas
- The Sunday Mass from the Syracuse Roman Catholic Diocese will air twice on NewsChannel 9 beginning this Sunday
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9.