(WSYR-TV) — The Federal Reserve is going all out to try and prevent a full-blown financial crisis.
The Federal Reserve announced unlimited bond-buying, three new credit facilities and an upcoming Main Street Lending program.
Officials said the new programs will provide up to $300 billion in new financing.
Recession fears and a liquidity crunch has crashed the stock market over the past month, also causing the Bond Market to malfunction.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- WATCH: Not as hot or humid Sunday
- Look closely to see a comet in the sky at dusk and dawn!
- Central New York Diaper Bank hosts third diaper giveaway of the year
- Boeheim’s Army crumbles in second half, falls 65-48 against Sideline Cancer in The Basketball Tournament
- New social justice group, Rebirth SYR, hosts meet and greet in preparation of Monday’s protest
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9.