UNITED STATES (WSYR-TV) — FedEx is pointing to recent scams where people reported receiving texts and emails that appear to be from FedEx.
The messages alert people that they have a package and then gives a link.
FedEx says the messages are not from them. They are advising that, “suspicious messages should be deleted without being opened.”
FedEx also says people should report the emails and texts to them using the email firstname.lastname@example.org.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- Record surge: US shatters single-day mark of COVID-19 cases
- Nashville mom, stepson charged in killing of 14-year-old boy with autism
- Days away: We’re counting down to daylight saving and extra sleep
- Pres. Trump, Biden to hold campaign events in battleground states
- Here’s why Biden and Trump are laser focused on fracking
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9