Trump organization cancels golf event with stripper caddies

National News

FILE – This June 2, 2017 file frame from video shows the Trump National Doral in Doral, Fla. President Donald Trump’s golf resort near Miami is hosting a tournament where strippers will serve as caddies. The Shadow All Star Tournament is organized by a Hialeah strip club, Shadow Cabaret. The club is advertising on Facebook and its website that the event will be held Saturday, July 13, 2019 at Trump National Doral. (AP Photo/Alex Sanz, File)

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

MIAMI (AP) — President Donald Trump’s company said Wednesday it has canceled a golf tournament with strippers serving as caddies that was to be held at Trump’s golf resort near Miami.

The Washington Post reports the Trump Organization issued a statement saying the event would no longer take place because a children’s charity that was to benefit from it had pulled out. The statement said “all amounts paid will be refunded.”

The Shadow All Star Tournament was organized by a Hialeah strip club, Shadow Cabaret. The club had advertised on Facebook and its website that the event would be held Saturday at Trump National Doral.

The tournament offered golfers a choice of dancers to be their “caddy girl.”

Shadow Cabaret’s marketing director Emanuele Mancuso had said there would be no nudity at the resort. After the tournament, golfers and dancers were to go to a different venue for a burlesque show.

A Trump Organization statement to the Washington Post said funds raised by the tournament were to go to the Miami All Stars charity.

However, the organization’s director, Carlos Alamilla, told The Associated Press that he withdrew Wednesday because he wasn’t aware a strip club was involved.

Copyright 2020 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

 


On March 12, 2020, the NCAA canceled its 2020 Men’s Basketball Tournament.  Consequently, and as provided for in the Station’s Basketball Madness Official Rules and due to circumstances beyond the control of the Station (and Nexstar Media Group, Inc.), both the national and local market Basketball Madness Bracket Challenge contests have been canceled. No new entries will be accepted and any previously submitted entries will be deleted within five (5) business days.


Live Doppler 9 Map Center

CNY View

CNY View

CNY View

Oswego Area

Oswego Area

Syracuse Area

Syracuse Area