(WSYR-TV) — Ford announced this week that the company is working with some other giant companies to produce medical equipment and protective gear.
This is a bid to help address shortages in the fight against the coronavirus.
Among the joint projects, Ford officials said the company will work with 3M to produce a new kind of powered air-purifying respirator for healthcare workers.
Ford officials said the respirators will be made using parts from both Ford and 3M. They also said the company is working with GE Healthcare to increase the production of ventilators.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- ‘Coronavirus: Facts Not Fear’ evening update – March 31, 2020
- With Americans staying home to combat COVID-19 spread, oil prices plummet — endangering jobs
- Former Syracuse football coach Frank Maloney passes away
- NewsChannel 9 interviews East Syracuse Minoa Central School District superintendent
- Madison Co. reports 2nd coronavirus death
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9.