UNITED STATES (WSYR-TV) — GameStop says it is game over. The retailer announced this week that it plans on closing up to 200 stores in the U.S. and abroad.
GameStop runs more than 5,700 stores in 14 countries.
It is unknown how many employees will be impacted or which locations will shut their doors.
The closures are expected to happen sometime this fiscal year.
GameStop warned that even more stores could close over the next two years.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- Bills LB Tyrel Dodson has strong first NFL start filling in for Tremaine Edmunds
- BOX SCORE: Giants 13, Bears 17; Saquon Barkley feared to have torn ACL
- Syracuse: Potentially the driest September on record
- Two Bills rookies score their first NFL touchdowns in win over Miami
- Syracuse University residence floor in quarantine after new cases of COVID-19
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9