UNITED STATES (WSYR-TV) — If you earn six figures and haven’t been filing your taxes, the IRS may come knocking.
The IRS is stepping up its efforts to visit high-income taxpayers who failed in prior years to file their tax returns on time.
The face-to-face visits will focus on those who earned more than $100,000 during a tax year and did not file a return in 2018 or previous years.
The IRS is increasing the face-to-face visits after hiring additional enforcement personnel.
The agency said the visits are aimed at informing these taxpayers of their obligations and bringing them into compliance.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- Trump extends Secret Service protection to 14 family members, reports say
- What is it like to be at an Inauguration?
- Packers, Chiefs favorites heading into championship games
- Christian Brothers Academy addresses staffing shortage with unique solution
- New tent facilities to be built in South Texas to house migrants
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9