UNITES STATES (WSYR-TV) — Lyft is launching a new initiative that gives riders free or discounted rides to job interviews and for the first three weeks of employment.
The rideshare company says the Jobs Access Program aims to close the short-term transportation gap for job access and training in low-income communities.
Lyft is partnering with national and local organizations, including the United Way and National Down Syndrome Society, to offer the service to those in need.
The program will be available in more than 35 markets in the U.S. and Canada.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- Little Caesars donating 1M pizzas to hospitals, first responders
- Elder abuse concerns heightened amid COVID-19 isolation
- Some auto insurance companies returning money to customers during COVID-19 pandemic
- Facebook pairing with researchers to use its data to slow COVID-19 pandemic
- Bringing Together Deaf And Hard Of Hearing During COVID-19
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9