UNITES STATES (WSYR-TV) — Lyft is launching a new initiative that gives riders free or discounted rides to job interviews and for the first three weeks of employment.
The rideshare company says the Jobs Access Program aims to close the short-term transportation gap for job access and training in low-income communities.
Lyft is partnering with national and local organizations, including the United Way and National Down Syndrome Society, to offer the service to those in need.
The program will be available in more than 35 markets in the U.S. and Canada.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- Lessons from the Ring: Tell Me Something Good
- Detectives: The search continues for tire thieves
- Family Healthcast: 1/17/2020
- Gov. Cuomo proposes allowing alcohol sales in movie theaters
- More than two months after Election Day, some people are annoyed that some candidates’ campaign signs are still in the ground
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9