UNITED STATES (WSYR-TV) — Officials are trying to track down people in five states who may have been exposed to measles.
Authorities say people infected with the highly contagious virus traveled through at least five airports in recent days and may have exposed others to the disease. Those airports are in Austin, Texas, O’Hare International Airport in Chicago, Richmond, Virginia, Denver, and Los Angeles.
The Centers for Disease Control is contacting passengers who flew on the same planes.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- Baldwinsville edges Liverpool in boys soccer
- CBA girls shutout LaFayette
- Potential COVID-19 exposure at South Avenue Market in Syracuse
- WATCH: Much cooler weather to start the weekend
- Pregnant ESPN reporter fires back after ‘troll’ tries to body-shame her
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9