UNITED STATES (WSYR-TV) — Netflix is out with a new film and it includes the tragic 2005 Ethan Allen tour boat tragedy.
The movie, called “TheLaundromat,” has Meryl Streep’s character lose her husband in the Lake George disaster. The film follows her journey to claim financial damages and ultimately becomes entangled in the infamous Panama Papers Scandal.
Twenty people died when the tour boat sank on October 2nd, 2005.
More from NewsChannel 9
- Man charged intent to engage in sexual conduct with a child
- ‘If it wasn’t my job I would have done that for free’: Officer after surviving Capitol mob assault
- Hot Pockets recalled because they may contain pieces of plastic, glass
- Bills legend Darryl Talley talks Bills-Ravens ahead of Saturday’s divisional matchup
- Former CBA standout Stevie Scott declares for the NFL Draft
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9