UNITED STATES (WSYR-TV) — The deadly U.S. air strike in Iraq that killed Iran military leader Gen. Qassem Soleimani, is impacting oil prices.
Futures for Brent Crude, a global benchmark, jumped nearly four percent to nearly $70 a barrel in afternoon trading on Friday. U.S. oil futures were up nearly three percent at nearly $63 a barrel as well.
Both were on track for their biggest daily gains in about a month.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- Weedsport hands Auburn OT loss in field hockey
- Baldwinsville falls to New Hartford in girls soccer
- F-M boys stay perfect with shutout win over Liverpool
- Coronavirus vaccine: When will it be ready and will it be safe?
- Equitable Financial to move 700 jobs to Syracuse Inner Harbor
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9