UNITED STATES (WSYR-TV) — The owner of Popeye’s said that its new chicken sandwich sent sales through the roof in the fourth quarter.
Sales at all Popeye’s restaurants jumped about 42 percent, to $1.3 billion in the last quarter, compared to the same quarter last year.
The biggest sales driver was its new chicken sandwich, which caused a splash when it launched last summer.
Customers flocked to the restaurant chain for the sandwich, which caused a sell-out in less than two weeks.
The chain brought the sandwich back in November.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- ‘A pillar and stalwart’: Oldest living American dies at 116
- Police: FedEx shooter legally bought guns used in shooting
- After the COVID vaccine: Will you need a booster shot?
- Can you travel with kids if you’re fully vaccinated?
- Actor Felix Silla, known for his role as Cousin Itt on ‘The Addams Family,’ dies at 84
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9