(WSYR-TV) — Businesses around the country are closing their doors are the coronavirus pandemic continues to spread.
Earlier on Wednesday, President Donald Trump moved to invoke the Defense Production Act, which allows the government to marshal the private sector to deal with the epidemic.
This comes as word reached investors that Detroit’s Big 3 Automakers had agreed to shut down all factories to protect workers, which sent stocks spiraling.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- CBA boys knock off Tully for their 5th straight win
- F-M girls win SCAC showdown over Baldwinsville
- Payton Shumpert commits to Stony Brook
- Behind-the-scenes of weekend enforcement of COVID-19 guidelines at bars
- NewsChannel 9 goes ‘On The Trail’ with congressional candidate Dana Balter
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9