SAN FRANCISCO, Calif. (KRON) — President Donald Trump and his daughter Ivanka donated money to re-elect Senator Kamala Harris as Attorney General back in 2014, according to records.
Three donations were made under their names for thousands of dollars:
- Sept. 26, 2011: Donald J. Trump donated $5,000
- Feb. 20, 2013: Donald J. Trump donated $1,000
- June 3, 2014: Ivanka Trump donated $2,000
On Tuesday, Senator Kamala Harris was announced as presumptive Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden’s running mate.
Harris is the first Black woman to compete on a major party’s presidential ticket.
The news was confirmed on Twitter Tuesday afternoon. Biden called Harris “a fearless fighter for the little guy, and one of the country’s finest public servants.”
More from NewsChannel 9:
- Work from home: These are the top jobs for remote careers
- Global coronavirus cases top 30 million
- Democratic and Republican leaders express willingness to work together on stimulus relief bill
- Tracking the Tropics: Teddy is now a Category 4 hurricane; depression forms in the Gulf
- Dome construction project scheduled to be complete Friday
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9.