(WSYR-TV) — Internet providers around the country are promising to help keep Americans informed during the coronavirus pandemic.
The companies include AT&T and Verizon.
The companies are going to cover phone and internet services for people that can’t pay their bills because they’re out of work.
Companies will also open WiFi hot spots to any American who needs them.
All of this is part of the Keep Americans Connected Pledge that was put forward by the FCC last week.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- One dead, one in critical condition after crash involving motorcycle and off-road vehicle
- Back the Red and Blue Motorcycle Ride supports first responders through Onondaga County
- Bills QB Josh Allen leads another fourth quarter comeback to beat Rams in week three
- Holland Patent School District goes completely remote next week to allow more time for COVID-19 contact tracing
- WATCH: A nice, warm evening with maybe a shower towards morning
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9