(WSYR-TV) — Restaurants around the country are teaming up to get Americans to eat out.
They have dubbed Tuesday “Great American Takeout Day.” A coalition of restaurants is calling on everyone in the nation to order out.
Some are even offering deals and free delivery.
Their push comes as the restaurant industry struggles with the coronavirus pandemic. The industry estimates up to seven million people will lose their jobs in the next three months because of the pandemic.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- Thomas J. Pirro Funeral Home Adapting to COVID-19
- COVID-19 News From Cortland County
- Coronavirus Response Live: Downstate coronavirus patients coming upstate, number of cases continue to rise in NYS
- COVID-19 News From Chenango County
- The City of Ithaca creates Economic Recovery Cabinet to address COVID-19 economic concerns
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9.