UNITED STATES (WSYR-TV) — Snapchat is rolling out a new feature called Here for You, which is aimed to help with mental health.
The new feature works by populating self-help information when users search topics like anxiety, depression, suicide and bullying.
Users can also connect with mental health experts through the app.
Snapchat is just the latest social media platform to address cyberbullying.
Instagram, Pinterest and Facebook all have tools to try and help manage online harassment.
But, Snapchat is extremely popular among teens, which is the age group that reports the most online bullying.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- OCC men and women close out regular season with a pair of wins
- CBA/JD opens the Section III postseason with win over Cazenovia
- F-M product Anthony Angello scores first NHL goal with the Pittsburgh Penguins
- Newest New York State Dairy Princess named
- WATCH: Turning colder, lake snow by morning
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9