UNITED STATES (WSYR-TV) — Spirit Airlines is trying to shake off criticism about thin seats and tight legroom space. The carrier unveiled its redesigned cabin, featuring more comfortable seats and bigger tray tables.
Spirit says the seats will offer two extra inches of usable legroom and tray tables will now be full-size. The new seats will have a pre-recline option, which the old ones don’t have.
The plan is to make the new interior available across the fleet.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- Syracuse’s two-game win streak comes to an end
- Senate Republican leader McConnell offers support for power-sharing deal with Democrats
- Burnet Road neighbors bear down to try and save homes
- WATCH: Dry overnight but accumulating snow returns Tuesday
- ‘MAGA Patriot Party’ files with FEC; Trump team says it’s not affiliated
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9