UNITED STATES (WSYR-TV) — Forget about the dash for sales at the mall. According to a new study, 95% of Americans will do a majority of their Christmas shopping online this year.
The survey by a business analytics firm says younger Americans lead the trend, saying about 16% of them will only do their shopping online. About 80% of respondents said they’ll shop on their mobile phones and 75% of shoppers find it helpful to receive emails from retailers regarding deals and promotions.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- Syracuse’s two-game win streak comes to an end
- Senate Republican leader McConnell offers support for power-sharing deal with Democrats
- Burnet Road neighbors bear down to try and save homes
- WATCH: Dry overnight but accumulating snow returns Tuesday
- ‘MAGA Patriot Party’ files with FEC; Trump team says it’s not affiliated
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9