(WSYR-TV) — With all the cancellations stemming from the pandemic, companies like Ticketmaster have had to scramble to send out countless refunds for numerous events.
This week, Ticketmaster officials updated the wording of its refund policy, which had stated that refunds were available if your event was postponed, rescheduled or cancelled.
The policy on Ticketmaster’s website now reads that refunds are “available if your event is cancelled.”
In a statement, company officials said that the change in wording does not reflect a change in policy, adding that the policy for postponed events has remained consistent.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- Le Moyne College planning events to steer students away from large gatherings this Halloween weekend
- Are the stock markets concerned that we could see another lockdown?
- Family Healthcast: Survival rates for COVID-19 significantly improved from March to August
- Syracuse University students to be tested for COVID-19 before break
- As COVID-19 surges in Iowa, Congress still can’t pass relief
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9.