UNITED STATES (WSYR-TV) — TSA now says it won’t allow employees to use the China-owned video app TikTok to create social media posts for the agency. The move comes after Senator Chuck Schumer raised concerns about potential national security issues in a letter to the agency’s chief.
The letter followed news reports the government launched a national security review of the app. The app is popular with millions of U.S. teens and young adults.
Schumer says national security experts have raised concerns about TikTok’s collection and handling of user data and personal information, locations, and other content.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- How your state cooks Thanksgiving turkey: roast, deep-fry, smoke
- Country artist Hal Ketchum dies from complications of dementia
- La Linea cartel boss arrested in killings of nine Americans, state official says
- ABC’s ‘Dancing With The Stars’ Crowns A New Winner
- Food Bank of CNY working to meet growing demand for food assistance
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9