(WSYR-TV) — Uber is working to flatten the curve of community spread and is suspending its pool option for riders.
This means that customers can still call for a ride, but cannot ride with a random passenger.
Uber Eats has already suspended delivery fees as an attempt to help local restaurants with deliveries.
This was also done to encourage customers to order from home.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- Potential COVID-19 exposure at South Avenue Market in Syracuse
- WATCH: Much cooler weather to start the weekend
- Pregnant ESPN reporter fires back after ‘troll’ tries to body-shame her
- Neighbors can’t escape Election with campaign text messages coming in almost daily
- Navy: ‘Aircrew did not survive’ crash in Alabama neighborhood
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9