UNITED STATES (WSYR-TV) — United Airlines says it is boosting the size of its overhead bins. United says the new, larger bins will provide enough space for one bag per passenger on domestic flights.
The company will start adding bins on older planes next year and hope to have the feature on 80% of its fleet by 2023.
The airline is hoping the move will improve the boarding process and take some of the stress out of travel.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- PLAYOFF PREVIEW: Round 2 – Green Bay Packers head to San Francisco with Super Bowl berth on the line
- A look inside the Lost and Found at Lambeau Field
- Lambeau’s very own tailgating hype band
- Reeling Tar Heels suffer 4th straight loss 66-52 at Pitt
- Syracuse holds off Virginia Tech for ACC road win
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9