UNITED STATES (WSYR-TV) — United Airlines says it is boosting the size of its overhead bins. United says the new, larger bins will provide enough space for one bag per passenger on domestic flights.
The company will start adding bins on older planes next year and hope to have the feature on 80% of its fleet by 2023.
The airline is hoping the move will improve the boarding process and take some of the stress out of travel.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- Syracuse football holds first official practice
- Suffrage Saturdays: Local museum hosts speakers to celebrate 100th anniversary of women’s right to vote
- WATCH: Heat and humidity begins to ramp up Sunday into next week
- Salt City Market’s Cake Bar tests recipes downtown on Saturday
- Mother of son with special needs speaks out in full support of reopening NYS schools
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9