UNITED STATES (WSYR-TV) — It may cost you a bit more money for certain postal services next year.
The U.S. Postal Service is proposing an increase in prices that would start on January 26, 2020.
Some services, including basic letters and postcards, would not be impacted, but the price of Priority Mail Express would go up by 3.5% while Priority Mail would increasing 4.1%.
The change was approved by the Postal Service Governors who say the new rates will keep the service competitive.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- How Betty White is celebrating her 99th birthday Sunday
- Cuomo proposes legislation to require disclosure of smart device recording capability
- Chinese city reports coronavirus found on ice cream
- CDC: More contagious COVID-19 strain could lead to spike in U.S. cases by March
- Chocolate recalled after plastic found in products
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9