UNITED STATES (WSYR-TV) — It may cost you a bit more money for certain postal services next year.
The U.S. Postal Service is proposing an increase in prices that would start on January 26, 2020.
Some services, including basic letters and postcards, would not be impacted, but the price of Priority Mail Express would go up by 3.5% while Priority Mail would increasing 4.1%.
The change was approved by the Postal Service Governors who say the new rates will keep the service competitive.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- Skunk tests positive for rabies in City of Rome
- Toss ‘N’ Fire Wood-Fired Pizza Announces New CNY Location
- Rochester airport to be named for Frederick Douglass
- Gov. Cuomo provides Wednesday coronavirus update for NYS
- Norwich man facing burglary and assault charges in Guilford
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9