UNITED STATES (WSYR-TV) — It may cost you a bit more money for certain postal services next year.
The U.S. Postal Service is proposing an increase in prices that would start on January 26, 2020.
Some services, including basic letters and postcards, would not be impacted, but the price of Priority Mail Express would go up by 3.5% while Priority Mail would increasing 4.1%.
The change was approved by the Postal Service Governors who say the new rates will keep the service competitive.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- “It’s A Wonderful Life” documentary premieres at the MOST
- Oswego woman leaves stinky surprise for ‘porch pirate’ who tried to steal delivery
- Governor Cuomo looks to ban gun ownership for out-of-state offenders
- WATCH: Windy with lake effect snow showers Sunday
- Fulton nine-year-old reaches goal to raise money for Honor Flight veterans
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9