UNITED STATES (WSYR-TV) — It may cost you a bit more money for certain postal services next year.
The U.S. Postal Service is proposing an increase in prices that would start on January 26, 2020.
Some services, including basic letters and postcards, would not be impacted, but the price of Priority Mail Express would go up by 3.5% while Priority Mail would increasing 4.1%.
The change was approved by the Postal Service Governors who say the new rates will keep the service competitive.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- Supermodel Emme Helps Raise Awareness of Heart Health
- CNY Cosmetic & Reconstructive Surgery Answers Questions About Breast Augmentation
- Trick-or-Treat Lunch Ideas
- ACR Health announces access to medication that helps prevent spreading HIV
- Homer Fire Department remembering one of their own
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9